Chili - good. Hair of the Dawg - great. Hair of the Dawg Chili? Off the chain! Those who know me well know that my Chili seldom tastes the same twice. I have a general formula that I follow, but modify according to my mood or whim, so here's my outline.
Hair of the Dawg Chili
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 - 28 oz. cans Muir Glen Fire Roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 - 15 oz. cans Black Beans
- 2 - 4 oz. cans diced Green Chiles
- 1 - 32 oz. bottle Hair of the Dawg Chipotle Bloody Mary Mix
- Chili Powder, to taste
- Cumin, to taste
Brown ground beef with onion and garlic. Drain grease. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer 1-2 hours to allow flavors to develop, stirring occasionally. Serve with Fritos, shredded cheese and sour cream, or other garnishments of your liking.
Some modifications that I've tried:
- Stewing beef in place of ground beef
- 1-2 Tablespoons unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- A bottle of a good Stout or Porter Beer